Guidelines for National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE)
It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme with the objective to establish an enabling environment to reduce the drop-outs and to promote the enrolment of girl children, mainly belonging to SC/ST communities in secondary schools.
According to the scheme, a sum of Rs.3,000/- is deposited in the name of eligible unmarried girls as fixed deposit on enrolment in class IX, who are entitled to withdraw it along with interest thereon on passing X Class and attaining 18 years of age. The scheme covers (i) all girls belonging to SC/ST communities who pass class VIII and (ii) all girls who pass VIII examination from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to SC/ST) and enrol in class IX in a State Government, Government-aided and Local Body schools.
To be eligible for the benefit under the scheme, the girl should be unmarried and should be below 16 years of age (as on 31st March) on joining class IX.
On- line submission of applications on National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
School verification by Principal of the School (offline excel sheet) and submission to District Education Officer à District level uploading/ verification by District Education Officerà State level verification by State Nodal Officer and submission of list of beneficiaries/proposal of the State over Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) on NSP
The detailed process involved in submission/ uploading of applications on NSP is given below:
- No login on NSP for uploading the information of scholarship holders is to be done either by the students or schools for scholarships under National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE).
- The application performa has been made available to District Education Officers/ Principals of the schools in hard copy. It can also be downloaded from National Scholarship Portal (scholarship.gov.in) by the District Education Officer. The performa can be filled up by the student/ school in excel sheet. The information of all the students of a school will be compiled in excel sheet and verified by the Principal of the school, which will then be sent to District Education Officers either through mail or in CD and hard copy.
- The District Education Officer (DEO) will login with user ID and Password generated by the State Nodal Officer and sent on registered mobile number of DEO.
- The mobile number can be given either of the student or parent / guardian / neighbour / friend etc.
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID (EID) can be used in case Aadhaar number of the student is not available. However, Aadhaar seeded Bank Account number is to be provided latest by 31st October, 2016 for making disbursement of scholarship.
- The fields mentioned with asterisk (*) are mandatory to fill up. These are name of Ministry / Department, Scholarship name, name of student, date of birth, mobile number, Aadhaar number, Institution/ School ID/ DISE code, Bank Account, IFCE code, category (SC/ST/General).
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) falls within the category of pre-metric scholarship.
- Under NSIGSE, scholarships of class IX (2016-17) are to be applied on NSP under pre-matric fresh scholarship. Data uploading of students on NSP will be done by DEOs, as mentioned above.
- The use of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for data submission will be done by the State Nodal Officer only while submitting the data from State to this Department on NSP.
- The collected data from different schools will be uploaded on the portal in the manner as given below: