||Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students. (MANF)|
|Purpose||Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students provides finacial support to the minority communities students to encouraging them to pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph.D.|
|Eligibility||1. You must belong to the minority community & must be admitted to an M.Phil./Ph.D. course in a recognised institution.
2. Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.3. The annual income of the beneficiary/parents or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh from all sources.
|Last date||15th,Aug 2016|
|Amount||1.Rs. 25,000/- p.m. in the first two years as a Junior Research Fellow (JRF).
2. Rs. 28,000/- p.m. for the remaining tenure as a Senior Research Fellow (SRF).3.Contingency for Humanities & Social Sciences and Commerce: Rs.10,000/- p.a. for initial two years and Rs.20,500/- p.a. for remaining three years.4.Contingency for Science: Rs.12,000/- p.a. for initial two years and Rs.25,000/- p.a. for remaining three years.
5. Escorts/Reader Assistance: Rs.2,000/- p.m. in cases of physically and visually challenged candidates.RF).
|Number of Awards||1. The total number of fellowships each year will be 756 (state-wise distribution).
2. 30% of the fellowship shall be earmarked for women students.
3. Not more than two students from one family can avail fellowship.
|Subjects||For pursuing higher studies such as regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D. degrees in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. 3% fellowships are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates belonging to Minority Communities as per provision laid down by the Government of India.|
|Procedure||You can apply for this scholarship through UGC Scholarship Portal.|
|Address||Ministry of Minority Affairs,
11th Floor, Paryavaran Bhawan,CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110003, Phone: 011-24364279