|Scheme Name||Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies|
|Purpose||Available for students of India and other Asian countries to pursue Ph.D studies|
|Address||Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund,
Teen Murti House,
New Delhi-110 011
|Eligibility||• Must be an Indian national or a national of any other Asian country.
• Age Limit: Must be maximum 35 years of age while applying for the scholarship.
• Academic Qualifications:
o Must have completed Post-graduation with First Class and secured minimum 60% marks.
o Must be registered for a Ph.D programme in a recognised university in India. Those who have not yet applied for admission for Ph.D are NOT eligible to apply
o Must be a full-time Ph.D scholar.
o Must have appeared for GATE/NET/SLET exam and have a copy of the score.
o demand draft of Rs 100 issued in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
|Document||o A synopsis with a maximum limit of 1500 words with 1.5 spaced text.
o Supervisor/Guide’s report (OR) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report.
• No entries are to be sent via e-mail. Only hard copies sent via post will be accepted.
• Note: The documents must be attached in the following series:
o Application Form with the affixed passport photo
o Report by the Guide/Monitoring Committee.
o Demand Draft
• Incomplete and unsigned forms will be rejecte
|Last date||31st May 2016|
|Amount||Rs. 12,000 per month to 15000|
|Number of Awards|
Indian History & Civilisation
Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
Study on Jawaharlal Nehru
|Procedure||• Fill the academic and personal details carefully and correctly.
• Provide the details of other sources of funding (if any).
• Save the file and take a print out of the application form.
• Affix your recent passport photo on the space provided in the application form.
• Send a hard copy of the application form along with a demand draft of Rs 100 issued in favor