|Scheme Name||Research Awards|
|Purpose||The objectives of the scheme are to provide opportunities to regularly appoint permanent teachers of universities/institutions to pursue research in their area(s) of specialization for a period of two years without undertaking any research guidance.|
(SA-II/SR-III), University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi- 110 002
|Eligibility||Teachers who have a doctorate degree and have shown excellence in their fields are considered for the award. The Research Award is given to only those lecturers, senior lecturers, and selection-grade lecturers, readers and professors who are in continuous regular service in a recognised institution on permanent posts and are under 45 years of age at the time of submission of their application. In the case of Women, SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Physically Handicapped. Minorities the age limit shall be 50 years|
|Last date||31st Oct,2016|
|Amount|| • Full salary of the awardee with admissible allowances will be reimbursed to the institution where the awardee is undertaking research except the CPF/GPF contribution, as the same is to be borne by the parent institution.
• Research grant to meet expenditure on books and journals, chemicals and equipment for the entire period is as under: (i) Humanities and Social Sciences: Rs.2.00 lakh (ii) Sciences/Natural Sciences/Engineering and Technology: Rs.3.00 lakh
• The awardee, being on duty leave, will continue to earn normal increment and maintain his/her seniority in the parent university/institution.
• He/she will be entitled to holidays and all other privileges as per his/her entitlement in the university/institute, including facilities of staff quarters/medical assistance, etc. during the period of the award.
• Expenditure towards travel within the country in connection with research work has to be met out of the research grant only. No additional funds will be provided for this purpose.
• Foreign visit in connection with the approved research work of the awardee will be limited to once in a year with the prior approval/no-objection of the Institution/University where the project work is being undertaken along with that of UGC.This will be further subject to no financial liability on the part of UGC.
• The expenditure towards engagement of any project assistant duly selected by the Selection Committee constituted by the concerned University/College/Institute will have to be met out of research grant for a maximum amount of Rs.5000/- p.m. (consolidated) during the tenure of the award only. The tenure of the project assistant will be co-terminus with the Research Award
• The Commission will not provide any grant towards the salary of the substitute, if appointed, in place of the awardee.
|Number of Awards||100 per annum|